UX & Interaction Design
Seattle Interactive Conference, 2018
“The UX of Showering with Alexa”
Ignite Seattle, 2011
“Infants: The terrifying danger of a UX edge case”
UX Matters, 2016Discovering Efficiencies in the Processing of Government Forms
UX Matters, 2015How to Balance Design Guidelines for Children
Blink Mascot, 2012-2019
My passion is to create exceptional human experiences for the users of technology.
Principal Interaction Designer, 2012 - 2019
Led design and research of exceptional user experiences in highly complex domains. Industries included healthcare, gaming, energy and finance.
- Provided thought-leadership on interaction design and research initiatives, specializing in workshops, research studies involving children, complex systems and user-centered design projects.
- Directed in client projects to surpass expectations while meeting engagements’ financial requirements.
- Collaborated with clients from large enterprise organizations to startups including Amazon, FredHutch, GE, Google, LaurelRoad Moen, NASA and Pokemon to create engaging user experiences.
- Supervised and managed team in evaluation and implementation of internal design operations systems.
- Restructured internal design teams to create cohesion and collaboration among multiple location workspaces.
Senior Information Architect, 2008 - 2011
Guided and supervised user experience group, creating standards and consistency for major social media site.
- Produced comprehensive documentation to communicate desired goals across the corporation.
- Participated in agile software development environment in the creation of functional prototypes and implementation of products to achieve an efficient development cycle.
Format Quality Assurance, 2002 - 2004
Sony Computer Entertainment
- Ensured hardware and driver updates for the Playstation 2 game.
- Advanced employee effectiveness through DVD creation training.
Freelancer, 2000 - present
- Implemented start-up companies' web presence, establishing position in the marketplace, and securing financing.
- Re-launched Congressional website to federal accessibility standards.
- Coordinated different marketing and technical groups with clients including Autodesk, establishing effective communication.
Senior Consultant, 1999 - 2000
Booz • Allen & Hamilton
- Specialized in web design, production, and multimedia projects.
- Established new London office for web division, creating substantial new revenue by garnering major new projects.
Web Designer and Producer, 1997 - 1999
CBS Worldwide Inc.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of CBS.com Entertainment homepage, and Primetime pages.
- Launched multiple affiliate-based websites for CBS.com's Communications, News, and Marketing departments, bringing together established local markets with national resources.
M.S. Systems & Information Engineering, January 2008
University of Virginia
- Thesis Project: “Design Interventions to Support Error Correction in a Reading Aloud System”
B.A. Psychology, May 1996